Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s fairly rare to find couples in Hollywood who stay together for the long-term; heck, it’s even hard to find regular couples who stay together for years. I would imagine it would be hard on a marriage to see your spouse cozied up to some superhot star in a steamy love scene. But some power couples have figured out how to separate fiction from reality and have long-lasting marriages that most couples strive to emulate.
- Jon Bon Jovi and Dorothea Hurley: Met in high school and married in 1989
- Ron Howard and Cheryl Alley: Met in high school and married in 1975
- Bono and Ali Stewart: Met in high school and married in 1982
- Jeff Daniels and Kathleen Treado: Met in high school and married 1979
- LL Cool J and Simone Smith: Met in high school and married in 1995
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: Married since 1988
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick: Married since 1991
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith: Married since 1997
- Denzel and Pauletta Washington: Married since 1983
- Meryl Streep and Don Gummer: Married since 1978
- Julia Louis Dreyfus and Brad Hall: Married since 1987
- Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan: Married since 1988
- Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick: Married since 1988
- Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell: Not married but they have been together since 1983
- Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham: Not married but they have been going strong since 1986
These celebrity love stories are pretty impressive, especially those who met in high school, survived the awkward teen years, the horrible hairstyles and clothing of the 80s, didn’t melt down for the millennium, and are still going strong. We don’t want to discount the relationships of the 2000s and hope to see these sweethearts make it 25 years or more.
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel: Married in 2012
- Kristin Bell and Dax Shepard: Married in 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi: Married in 2008
Then there are the royals, probably the most-watched sweethearts. After all, it’s every little girl’s dream to marry a prince. Prince William and Kate Middleton tied the knot in 2011 in front of the world. And now we can see another fairy tale come to life on May 19 when Megan Markle weds Prince Harry.
Ahhh, true love, isn’t it wonderful!