It’s that time of year again when we choose to watch commercials instead of the main event. Yep, that’s right, Super Bowl Sunday is quickly approaching. Here are some pretty sweet offerings if you are attending or just watching on TV.
If you are heading to Atlanta, you must try one of these five decadent desserts that are Atlanta staples.
- Georgia Bourbon Pecan Pie from Pie Shop
- A-Town Doughnut from Sublime
- Coca-Cola Cake from West Egg Café
- Cake Shake from Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand
- Popcorn Ice Cream Sundae from Canoe
Any one of these sweet treats should give you enough energy to make it through the entire game, no matter how long it goes on.
If you’re in Atlanta for a few days, you might want to visit the World of Coca-Cola. This attraction features the history of the iconic soda, but it also has a sampling room that showcases 100+ different beverages that Coca-Cola distributes worldwide. Some drinks to check out include:
- Sparletta Strawberry from Central and South America (think raspberry cream soda)
- Inca Kola from Peru with its sweet and fruity liquid bubblegum-like flavor
- Fanta Melon Frosty with melon flavor that is loved in Thailand
For the rest of us who just get to watch the event on TV, we will be treated when Adam Levine and his band Maroon 5 put on the spectacular half-time show.